Pages

May 14, 2011

Apple Blossom

Hello everyone,
I hope to be back and posting with some regularity after my graduation. Now I'm in between jobs, writing articles for journals, and looking to kill time doing stuff like this. We'll see how long it lasts.

In the meantime, here's a tune I haven't posted before called Apple Blossom. As usual there are many versions of this, and I haven't really heard it from my West Virginia circle so if there is some regional affiliation with this tune let me know.

I looked around for a minute to see if any bands had recorded this tune, but then I stumbled across this session from the Mount Airy Fiddlers Convention and I think it's as good as it gets.


YouTube/brucefromga

I also stumbled across this great version on Fiddle Hangout if you are interested in the more portable variety:
Apple Blossom MP3 by David M. on Fiddle Hangout

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment