Pages

May 09, 2009

Tunes I'm working on

One thing I like about the old-time music scene is that it's such a communal experience. Anyone can get together with friends and family and listen or play tunes. Everybody has their own way of playing and people tend to be very happy to share nuances and learn new things.

I'm in the process of learning some new tunes now, which I will do by combining the MP3s posted here with input from other players I know locally. If you're reading this and play, you likely do the same thing.

Anyway, in case you're interested, right now I'm learning these tunes, each of which you can search for and find on here:
  • Gray Eagle
  • Frost Morning
  • Dinah
  • Old Time Liza Jane (aka Liza Jane, Little Liza Jane, not to be confused with the Liza Jane the Samples Brothers do, that's a different tune.)
  • I'm polishing up Whiskey Before Breakfast.
What are you learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment